Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's True, Sometimes Mama DOES Need a Cocktail

And sometimes the only thing getting in my way of having one is the fact that I'm indecisive about what kinda drink I'm in the mood for.  I'm really bad at ordering drinks. When I was going through my Sex And The City phase it was an easy decision, "I'll have a Cosmo please", but truth be told a Cosmo just isn't enough of a drink.  I could suck one down in two gulps...but give me the choice of a Margarita or Mojitio's and I'm in a quandary.  I love them both so this is the perfect recipe to solve my dilemma:

I bring you....The Minted Margarita!
This serves about 8 big size drinks so if your hanging with me we'll have to keep the blender blending!
1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup of water (what! water...ummm)
Zest of 4 limes
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons Agave Nectar..otherwise known as the Nectar of the Gods
3/4 cup triple sec
2 cups Blanca or my personal fav Silver Tequila...Patron please for me...otherwise known as the Nectar to the Goddess
 In the blender combine the mint leaves, water (there it is again??), lime zest and Agave Nectar.  blend on high until the mint is very finely chopped.
Strain the mixture through a wire mesh strainer into a pitcher.  discard the solids or save them for your salad later for when your too bombed to cook...just trying not to waste food...
Stir in the Triple sec and the TEQUILA then chill, the drink silly, not you!

To serve, moisten the rim of the glasses with a piece of lime.  Dip the rims in Sea salt if you like, I do
Add ice to glasses and pour in the Margaritas.  garnish with slices of lime.

I think  I may just have to try this right now, I have everything except the Agave Nectar.....So do you think drinking when your kids are home qualifies for NOT DRINKING ALONE?  I'm kidding...but you know what it's hot as hell out and I'm thirsty!

No comments:

Post a Comment