Monday, December 7, 2015

Earthquakes, Love And Other Things

“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger ... something better, pushing right back.”
Albert Camus - The Stranger


-This blog has yet to defined it's self. I've yet to truly find my voice. Not sure where I will go with it. There are posts I share and many more I don't. It's my place to be. My place to talk to my son or talk about him. My place to take a little bit of what goes on in my head everyday and put it out there. These are just small pieces of my mind speak. The tip of the cascading ice burg of grief and the devastating loss of our tender child. To open the gate to all that is in my head is too scary. The fear of never coming back is real. So this blog for me is kinda like our earthquakes. When we have small tremors, it's a good thing because they let some of the pressure that's built up in our earth plates out. Our hope is this will keep us from experiencing "the big one". This is my place to let release the pressure and keep from experiencing "the big one" too.-


-I'm keeping all these touching sediments here on my blog so I can read them daily and know you are not forgotten. When people talk about you Andrew is when our hearts truly feel full again. Yesterday was a rough day but so many people called or sent messages of love to us all. We heard from all your close friends. These kids are so strong and amazing. And boy, do they have an everlasting love for you. You touched so many in so many ways. You'll never be forgotten, this I know, but to be able to talk about you, hear stories and laugh and cry together is the light that lifts the  darkness that tries to sneak in. You my son had no dark sides. You were full of light, love and laughter. No dark places lived in you.When our pain takes us to depths of unfathomable levels, it is your light that lifts us up bringing us to great heights of love. We talk, remember, laugh and live all about you. Beautiful, transcending you. You are our never ending summer.  #stayapkstrong #staygold #mynoodleboy

-Love from Dalton: It's crazy to think you are gone dude, we had so much shit planned for the future that we talked about for hours. I'll never forget the memories we have, and kinda can't considering we have matching drunk ankle tats haha. You were definitely something else Andrew Kunz, but I know one thing and that is, you are my brother for ever man. I know you want me to be strong, so I am. I love you brother. You are always in my heart and memories kid. God sure has a lot on his hands with you up there:) Rest In Paradise Andrew. You know how much I love and miss you. Stay Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment