Sunday, November 22, 2015

Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas

Well, maybe I'm not Hunter S. Thompson and I have no fear or loathing to be done in Las Vegas, however, tomorrow Jim and I are headed that way.  Call us crazy, and this is completely out of character for us to take a trip right before Thanksgiving but we were wanting to jump in "The Stang" and go for a long drive. Most folks would have likely chosen the coast as their route of desirable driving splendor, and it is glorious for sure, but since we live on the Central Coast and can head out often, it just didn't make the list this time. Jim's up north weekly so that didn't appeal to him (it always appeals to me) and I LOVE going south to LA but what can I say..."LA, to much for the man"...besides this drive is more about getting the car out on the open road with a roar, and spending time together, then it is about the scenery. So where's a nearby trip that checks the boxes...VEGAS BABY!    We're headed off in the morning for a couple of days.   And since there wasn't enough time to drive to New York,  I'll have to be happy with New York, New York on the strip. Hey, I hear they have a Shake Shack there! Oh, and I can't forget, Serendipity is there too. Banana splits! Here's to a good drive, great food, dressing up and stepping out, a wonderful show and fun company. And people watching. Fast and Feastie, here we come! Oh, I just thought of something, MAYBE I'll get Jim to dance with me. So I don't have to dance with complete strangers. (thank goodness my days of "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas are long behind me;D) VROOM! VROOM!



No comments:

Post a Comment