Monday, May 30, 2011

Blame it on Chef!

  A couple of weeks ago, OK, months ago, It become apparent that I had been spending to much time with a couple of friends that weren't the best influences.  My days spending laughing with The Pioneer Women and crushing on my handsome boyfriend Tyler Florence, had done me no good, nope, no good at ALL!  I have gotten FAT plain and simple-there you have it.
  So I knew I had to come on back from Oklahoma and get my ass out Marin County and get back to reality. Which in the past, when I have gotten myself into the same situation, I pulled myself together and headed down to the Beach, South Beach.

This time I needed a little more, A "Curve" ball if you will and the beach just wasn't going to cut it.  So I have started a new rather intense program that so far has been wildly successful. Don't get me wrong, it's no magic pill. GOD I WISH THERE WAS ONE, but really the old fashion way, watching EVERYthing I eat and working out like a mad woman!  Hey, a little sweat, it does a body good and really that's easy for me cause I've always been a Cardio Ho,  it's the NOT eating part that's the challenge.  It's a plan created for Curves clients that is not out yet and we get to be the guinea pigs and it's a great online, no brainer plan that really is easy.   And I have been feeling fine on it until yesterday....when my chef of a husband decided that in order to help me and make it easier for me, he would cook up big batches of wonderful foods to freeze for him and kids!  Nice idea in theory, not so much in reality..it was killing me.

He made homemade spaghetti sauce, and a pork, garlic sausage and sauerkraut dish that is to die for. They had  chorizo and  eggs with cheese and those little homemade white corn tortillas I love.  And every time I came into kitchen and looked at him with my wanting eyes, he would get his hopes up, get it? wanting eyes..shish.  No, he would apologize, "I'm sorry, this is hard on you this weekend huh?"  he's a sensitive guy, he figured out real quick that it was cruel and unusual punishment.

  I'd finally had enough and turned to him and said "love means never having to say your sorry" and hide in my room and played on the computer.  That is way my facebook page now looks like I'm a serial  status poster and I created this blog...it was either this Blog or I was going hunting for left over Easter candy in places to dark to mention!

So, if anyone would like to be my chubby buddy I would love that-to those of you who don't,  I promise this won't be another fattie blog.  Just a blog with a lot of Snark.

3 comments:

  1. YEAY! BLOG!
    What a great husband but JEEEEEEEEZ!!!! That would have done me in for sure! We've made it through Memorial Day...next up: Fourth of July....we can get in a whole mess of Zumba and Circuit work before then!

    *yawn*
    ...more coffee first.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought some running shoes, I'll join you! Hanging out with you in blog land is not quite the same but I will take what I can get! I love you!
    Keekers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina-we sure can! Well it got me blogging again, I'm not sure if thats good our bad cause now I have be creative on daily basis:)

    KeeKers! If anyone can feel my pain you can, you know your Uncle Jim, that man can cook!
    But, I'm telling you, Zumba Baby!!! When you come down with the babies, and I hope that's soon, you can come with me to class. You saw me dancing at Casey's wedding..If I can do it without a shot of Patron you can! What running shoes did you get? I just bought some Nike free runners and they are like slippers:) I love you.

    ReplyDelete